Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Definition of Love as I Know it

You can't fathom the thought of moving an inch because your special someone is asleep with their hand holding yours. 

2:25 am this morning is when I had this dilemma. Anne Marie had just gone 4 hours and 45 minutes since her 9:00 feeding, and she drained all the milk that had been stored up in anticipation of her next nursing. 

You all know how Murphy's Law works. I stayed on the couch to go to sleep after telling Bruce, "She could very well be awake to eat again in 30 minutes. I will just stay up here instead of going back to the bed." Well, wouldn't you know it... The planets aligned and she slept over 4 hours after her "topping off" or last "cluster" feeding at 9pm. 

Anne Marie's 1 month (4 week) birthday was today and was quite a hectic one. I had both kids at home all day. I am still getting used to the busyness that comes with that. 

I wasn't able to get the rest in the morning like I have become so reliant on or get the snuggle time with Anne Marie that I have grown to adore. But the time with my precious Alan is so worth it. 

He is growing up way too fast. I can't believe he will be TWO in June. He already loves his sister. He gets very concerned when she cries and likes to check on her when she is in her swing. He still loves cars and airplanes. He loves looking for them as we pass the airport. I can't wait for him to be able to see one up close. 

All the pictures in this post were taken with Bruce's phone and uploaded to Instagram.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Rebecca! Anne Marie is gorgeous! I know you are loving every little second with her!!

    ReplyDelete