Friday, June 24, 2016

Bruce + Rebecca = 10 years



Bruce and I celebrated our 10th Anniversary earlier this month. 

I am truly blessed. God sent me a man that loves me. 

He's not a perfect husband. I am not a perfect wife. 
But for all of our flaws, we have one strength.
I love him. He loves me. 
I would do anything for him just as he would do anything for me.

Anyone who knows Bruce knows how hardworking he is. 
He works at so many things to better himself and provide for his family. 
He blesses me with simple pleasures that I would never think to ask for. 

This is not lost on the kids. 

 

I love to eavesdrop as they play mommy and daddy.
"Thanks for helping me," he says. 
"I love you. See you soon," she says
"I will help you with that," he says.
"Lets marry," she says.
"He's our baby," they say.


Anyone who knows me knows that I put this man and my children first.
This is a sacrifice that I have always wanted to give. 

Don't get me wrong: I am no saint.
My cup gets empty. My well goes dry. I reach the end of my rope.
But when I reach my limit, his eyes are there to calm me. His strong hands are there to pick me up when I am ready to fall. He refills me. 

Bruce, I love you.
Thanks for these last 10 years. I can't wait to see how I feel about you after the next 10.


2 comments:

  1. Two things: 1. I love you too. 2. Who are those babies in the last photo?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two silly lovebirds! I saw a glimpse of them recently.

    ReplyDelete