Tuesday, April 16, 2013

It all started with the dress.


Anne Marie Ulrich
1 year old            22lbs 15oz                   31in

I have had few times in my life that I can say that the dress was really that important. 
Prom? no. Cotillions? no. Wedding? Well, maybe…
Don’t get me wrong. I love the dress I got married in. It was simple and beautiful. 
Just what I wanted. But the dress I am referring to has much more value to me.

When I was home for Easter, I was blessed to receive four dresses for my Anne Marie.
 Three of which were made for me by my great-grandmother. I was skeptical that any would fit my healthy little girl, but I knew that I wanted to give them a shot. The fourth dress was my mom’s when she was a little girl. It is the biggest of them all, so I knew that it was not an option for any time soon.

I remember telling Bruce how neat it would be if Anne Marie could wear one of them for her birthday. Neat doesn’t even begin to describe it.

The Dress…
Ruffles, Lace, and Ribbon.
Handmade without a pattern.


It fit her perfectly!
I am so grateful that my mom saved it for all of these years. 
I’m even more excited to see her in her grandma’s dress in a year or so!

We had a great time at the party. We are so blessed with such a supportive and loving family and great friends that provide us everything from entertainment to advice.

Thanks to all who came and helped us celebrate our Beautiful and Favored Anne Marie.













  
 



No comments:

Post a Comment