Tuesday, February 19, 2013

10 Months and 32 months

What a life I've been blessed with. I have a sweet little girl that is approaching her 1 year birthday quicker than I would like to admit and an adorable boy who is "bigger" (his words) now that he approaches his third birthday.

As I think of how my life has deepened, quickened, and compounded in importance as well as responsibility, all I can do is smile. Would I even consider going back and doing anything differently? Absolutely not.

Alan is my sweet heart. He loves to be interactive socially. He picks up on facial expressions and nonverbal cues better than I could even have imagined.

I have to continue to be thankful for such healthy children. Anne Marie reminded me of this last week. After a sluggish afternoon, a low-grade fever, and a doctor visit, we found she had a bilateral ear infection. This is her third one in her ten month life. I was flabbergasted. I wanted to know how I could prevent this from happening more. I was quickly reminded by the doctor that we were doing very well to have only had that few. We are not giving her bottles while she lays flat on her back and keeping her from cigarette smoke which are both big causes of ear infections. She is such a good "sick baby"! We would have never known she was hurting if she hadn't had that fever.

She had been waking throughout the night to eat for the last couple of months, but Bruce and I just accepted it as a short time thing that would end in its own timing. I have to admit, I wasn't that level headed about it every time she woke us, but I tried to not be too grumpy. She was quick to cheer me up during our late night and early morning quality times with those bright eyes and sweet fingers. I keep telling myself that these times pass too quickly. These times pass too quickly. These times pass to quickly. It's my mantra when I catch myself wishing away things that are in my current situation.

Alan had a pesky cough, so while we were going in, I made an appointment for him to be checked out as well. Glad I did, we found that he had the symptoms of the beginning of bronchitis. Well, our house is dosing up on vitamins and antibiotics to get rid of these yuckies and keep other things away as well.

I know I sound repetitious, but I am truly blessed.

Anne Marie is now eating anything I give her. She still only has the one bottom tooth, so i still have to puree most things. Granted she doesn't always like it, but she will tolerate it as long as I keep alternating something more tolerable with it. And itsy bitsy cheese bites and cheerios are a must at meal time. We have graduated to using a sippy cup of milk at meal times. She has gotten quite good at it. Of course, she plays a good game with Alan of drink, drop, drink, drop, repeat. Alan loves to help and is quick to say "Mommy, I get it." I love it. I love him. I love them.

Alan is doing great and developing new skills wonderfully. He is potty trained and sleeps in his big boy bed all night long waking dry for weeks at time with no accidents and is learning to put on his own shoes! He still loves to read. His thirst for books is insatiable. He never ever wants to stop reading at bed time, making for a few tears sometimes when transitioning from book time to bed time. He is getting good at sharing book time with his sister, too.

Thanks for all the prayers as our babies are getting better from the runny noses, coughs, and earaches that come along with the dreary winter months. Bring on the springtime and all it brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment