Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Big Change is Coming!

I have been preparing myself for this, but I am still shocked by it at the same time.

Upon seeing my doctor today for my 37 week appointment, I was informed that I might make it another week.

[[posterous-content:pid___0]]

Contractions have begun and I am already 2-3 cm dilated.
The contractions are still sporatic and painless, thankfully.

So... as the title of this post implies, change is coming to the Ulrich household.

My sweet boy is still just that.
My sweet little boy.

It is hard to think of him being a big boy and not my baby, though. I'm sure all the mothers out there will assure me that no matter how old he gets, he will always be my baby.

[[posterous-content:pid___1]]

But when I see him crawl up into his big bed and sit beside me to read books, I am frequently brought to tears. Where has the time gone?

As you can see, he loves his daddy most of all! He loves to wrestle and play as soon as daddy walks in the door after work. He can hardly contain himself to wiat for Bruce to take off his work clothes or even empty his pockets!  The anticipation of his daddy time is more than I can take sometimes.

[[posterous-content:pid___2]]As you can see, we had a great time during Spring Break. We didn't go anywhere special or do anything spectacular. But it was a great time nonetheless. We just aren't that type. I am so glad to have family nearby to spend time with during our time off. [[posterous-content:pid___3]]

We made frequent trips to the "ranch" as we fondly call it. Bruce's daddy is one of Alan's favorite people. He loves to spend time with his Pop Pop.

We did take a short road trip to Grenada the weekend before Spring Break to see family. That was such a worthwhile trip. Bruce was in New Orleans for the week with work and I knew this was my last chance to get away before Anne Marie comes.

Alan had a blast with his Maga (his word for Grandma).
He still tells me about his visit once or twice a day. He reminds me about seeing the cows with Maga and Papaw incessantly. He just loved it.

[[posterous-content:pid___4]]

It made my heart happy to see him enjoy the time out in the country like I do.
My grandparen'ts house has become such a precious place to me and it is increbly meaningful that he appreciates it as well.

Hopefully, my next post will be one of Anne Marie's birth announcement!
Stay tuned for more news!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment