Friday, December 23, 2011

18 months and 24 weeks

My sweet boy learned to climb.
Yes... climb.

Img_1236

I know, I am lucky it took this long. We knew this time would come, but it was still nonetheless shocking when I turned around and he had hoisted all of his 28 pounds and 34 inches into a chair at Grammy and Pop Pops house. 

He was cleverly maneuvering to get to the snack/sweets table. I guess all it took was the right amount of motivation for this little man.

Well, I guess you know what we had to do.
Yes... you guessed it.

The crib is gone. After many a tear from mommy, Alan now has a big boy bed.
For the time being, his crib mattress is on the floor surrounded by two walls and a potato crate from his Great-Grandpa Ulrich. We had been using it vertically next to the rocker, so it made a very smooth transition to horizontal position for our new needs.

The rocker is still in Alan's room until after Christmas. We will continue working on our transition from guest room/office into Anne Marie's room as time allows. The crib is disassembled and resting against the back wall of her room now. Soon, we will lift Alan off of the floor into his twin bed.
Don't rush Mommy, okay? I need to move one step at a time.

Anne Marie is ever growing as well! She is also still being very kind to her Mommy. Just like her brother. She is now about 9 inches in length from crown to rump and about 1.7 lbs.
She has been getting Daddy to help her send me the cutest notes for Christmas! She knows how special the 12 days of Christmas are and is leaving me a sweet little note along with a candy cane each day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment